Start your own professional blog with these easy steps…
Blogging is the modern day journal, as well as a marketing tool for your business. As an individual, you need to have a blog where you express your thoughts and also share your world with the rest of the world.
Below are the reasons you need a blog:
Benefits of blogging
A blog defines who you are. Are you a fresh graduate looking for a career? Nobody will know your capabilities until they interact with you. Blogging gives you the opportunity to interact with the world, hence giving them a preview of what is in your mind. If you don’t have any other work qualifications, make yourself known through a blog.
- Blogging is a powerful marketing tool. Whether you own a business or are employed, people can gauge your level of expertise through your blog. If people realise that you are an authority in your industry, they will want to engage you at a more professional level Show people what you can do for them and why it matters, and the job will be yours.
How to start a professional blog
Starting a blog is as easy as abc. All you require is a domain name, hosting, and content. Here are the steps you need to follow to get started blogging:
1. Select your blog name and a tag line or blog description. Your blog must have a name which can eventually be converted to an online address.
For instance, this blog is called urbanacle. Come up with several name variations and write them down. Draft a slogan also that best describes what your blog is about.
Read Also: How to choose an ideal domain name
2. Register your domain name. Once you come up with a name you like, you can now secure your online address using the name. You need to find out if your desired name is available. Have a favourite blog address that you want to register? Email us on [email protected] for assistance with domain name registration today.
3. Buy hosting space. The content you publish on your blog needs to be stored somewhere, and so the next step is to determine where your blog will be hosted. A simple blog can share server resources with other bloggers to keep your costs down.
We can help you secure server space at a cheap price; email us on [email protected] for assistance.
4. Install a Content Management System. Once you get your unique blog address and hosting access, you need to log into the back-end and install a suitable content management system (CMS). This can be WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, Blogger among others. Select one and follow the prompts. WordPress is the easiest to use and the most popular CMS by market share so you can start with WordPress.