8 top skills of a professional website content writer A successful entrepreneur knows when to delegate roles and when not to. As a business owner, one key ingredient for success is giving your business an online presence. Building a website can help boost your marketing efforts as well as revenues. This is a process that […]
Author Archive for: Pauline Nyumu
You are here: Home / Pauline Nyumu
About Pauline Nyumu
This author has yet to write their bio.Meanwhile lets just say that we are proud Pauline Nyumu contributed a whooping 10 entries.
Entries by Pauline Nyumu
How do I create a free website for my business? Top 10 free website builders that I can use to create a website free of charge The ability to create a free website enables you to brand yourself or market your brand at no cost at all. It is a great opportunity for small business […]
WordPress is one of the leading CMS’s in the market, commanding about 50 per cent of the CMS market share. WordPress is followed closely by Joomla and Drupal.
Below are the top 10 popular CMS’s according to whatcms statistics:
What makes WordPress so popular?
1. Cost. WordPress is one of the free blogging platforms available on the planet. This is a very good way to market yourself and build your online portfolio. Even when building complex websites for e-commerce, you do not pay to use the WordPress CMS. You only pay to use premium WordPress themes and plugins.
2. Variety of features. Whether you are interested in a simple blog or a transactional website, WordPress has enough tools for your needs.
3. Security. Wordpress offers inbuilt security features to protect you from breaches and attacks. They also have a team committed to ensuring that your data is safe. You can also install more plugins to lock out hackers and DDos attackers.
4. Usability. WordPress is very easy to use. Whether you are a novice or a techie, you can always find your way around. You do not need previous experience or a tech background to install or manage content on WordPress.
5. Searchability. WordPress blogs and websites are already searchable on the major search engines. WordPress also comes with premium SEO tools such as Yoast to help write SEO-friendly content.
6. Flexibility. You can always change your WordPress blog design any time without losing content.
How to start a WordPress Blog
- Register your domain name
- Buy hosting space for your new blog
- Log into the cpanel
- Install WordPress
- Select a suitable theme
- Customise your theme
- Link your social accounts
- Remove metadata
- Install basic plugins
- Write the static pages such as About, Contacts, Private policy etc
- Post your first article
- Share your post on Social Media
Start your own professional blog with these easy steps…
Blogging is the modern day journal, as well as a marketing tool for your business. As an individual, you need to have a blog where you express your thoughts and also share your world with the rest of the world.
Below are the reasons you need a blog:
Benefits of blogging
A blog defines who you are. Are you a fresh graduate looking for a career? Nobody will know your capabilities until they interact with you. Blogging gives you the opportunity to interact with the world, hence giving them a preview of what is in your mind. If you don’t have any other work qualifications, make yourself known through a blog.
- Blogging is a powerful marketing tool. Whether you own a business or are employed, people can gauge your level of expertise through your blog. If people realise that you are an authority in your industry, they will want to engage you at a more professional level Show people what you can do for them and why it matters, and the job will be yours.
How to start a professional blog
Starting a blog is as easy as abc. All you require is a domain name, hosting, and content. Here are the steps you need to follow to get started blogging:
1. Select your blog name and a tag line or blog description. Your blog must have a name which can eventually be converted to an online address.
For instance, this blog is called urbanacle. Come up with several name variations and write them down. Draft a slogan also that best describes what your blog is about.
Read Also: How to choose an ideal domain name
2. Register your domain name. Once you come up with a name you like, you can now secure your online address using the name. You need to find out if your desired name is available. Have a favourite blog address that you want to register? Email us on [email protected] for assistance with domain name registration today.
3. Buy hosting space. The content you publish on your blog needs to be stored somewhere, and so the next step is to determine where your blog will be hosted. A simple blog can share server resources with other bloggers to keep your costs down.
We can help you secure server space at a cheap price; email us on [email protected] for assistance.
4. Install a Content Management System. Once you get your unique blog address and hosting access, you need to log into the back-end and install a suitable content management system (CMS). This can be WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, Blogger among others. Select one and follow the prompts. WordPress is the easiest to use and the most popular CMS by market share so you can start with WordPress.
If your website is taking longer than 7 seconds to load, then read on…
Today, you can tell whether someone has read your email, the exact time they opened it as well as the number of times they read it.
Get an ideal domain name for your new website So you have decided to make a new website? The first step in building a website is getting an appropriate domain name for it. This is the permanent address where visitors who are looking for your products will land. The question that bothers most website owners […]
How Domain Authority affects SEO When it comes to search engine ranking, all pages are not the same. Some websites rank higher than others in the search engine results page (SERP). Those pages that rank on page one of Google are considered stronger than the rest. Domain Authority (DA) is one of the metrics used […]
WHAT IS A LONG TAIL KEYWORD? Long tail keywords are keywords that contain three or more words. One of those words is a head keyword while the rest of the words are either demographic attributes of the target audience or product attributes. For instance, if you are in the fashion industry, you can have long […]
WHY YOU NEED CONTENT WRITERS Quality content is essential for the growth and success of any business. Whether your business is online or offline, you need to tell your customers what it is that you are selling in a way that persuades them to buy and actually use your product. Think about a user manual […]